Unfortunately there are many more studio - seekers than available studios, therefore we have a pool - a waiting list. Thus, in order to qualify for a studio you’d have first to be selected to the pool.
In your application for a studio - the pool, please provide us with the following information:
- general information about yourself; cv
- links to websites and to other (audio-visual) information concerning your work
- practice information; which kind of activities are expected to be performed in the studio
- desired work conditions (size space, light conditions, etc.)
Subsequently will the Appointing Committee of Pakhuis Wilhelmina decide upon your acceptance to the pool (waiting list), and eventually upon renting a studio in Pakhuis Wilhelmina. They gather once a month, so it can take several weeks before a decision is made.
PW (-Pakhuis Wilhelmina) renters that want to move up within the building precede external candidates, according to following criteria:
- Renters of ’dark’ studios - caused by the construction of the Chicago-building, have precedence over other renters of the building.
- Renters of completely dark studios have precedence over renters of so called ‘half dark’ studios (-studios of which not all the windows face the blind walls of Chicago). This applies only to renters that rented their presently-dark studio before 2007 (- the building of Chicago).
- Renters with the longest rent-duration (- starting on the date of the rental-contract of their last intern move) in principle precede other candidate-renters. The difference of rent-duration between candidates should then be at least one year.
When here above criteria do not provide sufficient grounds for decision, the PW’s Association-board (-Verenigingsbestuur), advised by the Appointing-committee (-toecie), will ultimately make the appointment of a candidate.
- Renters that signed their rental contract less than one year ago do not qualify to move up within the building, unless there are no other internal candidates.
- ‘Renters of renters’ (- mede - en onderhuurders) have no precedence over external candidates whatsoever.